An Introduction

This blog is dedicated to sharing with you the curiosities of England, Europe and beyond....

Saturday 24 September 2011

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to what is my very first post on my very first blog!

This blog is dedicated to one simple thing - showing the world the hidden, lesser known historical buildings of England. Many people when either on a vacation or have a day spare flock to the main tourist attractions. While this is perfectly acceptable - after all they are popular for a very good reason - there is so much more to see in both London and the surrounding countryside.

I love history, but I am not a historian. I am passionate about buildings, but I am not an architect. I am driven by learning, but I am not an academic.

I am however curious about all these things. It is that curiosity that motivates me to see all that history has to offer and gives me the desire to share with you all the wonderful things that the lesser known places have to give.

On my journeys I shall be visiting historic houses, churches, parkland, towns and villages - and even the odd cave or two.

I shall be updating this blog as often as I can with the places I have visited. As always, I love to hear your comments about this blog or suggestions of places that I should visit.

Thanks for viewing and keep a look out for my first visit!

2 comments:

  1. Hi English Gent!

    Love what you've done so far, it looks very posh!

    Am looking forward to future posts : )

    Gemma

    ReplyDelete